[Advaita-l] Questions on Mayavada.

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 20:24:17 CST 2010

Dear Sri Bhattacharjya

Thank you for giving an explanation of Dharmakaya. I see that a discussion has
already ensued focussing on the meaning of the term, and what it does not mean,
which is beneficial to all list members, than focussing on who has read what or
not.

I do not claim to be a great scholar; rather I am a studen - literlly! I have
just enrolled in a full-time two-year course leading to MA in Sanskrit in
Osmania University and get to read pUrvamImAmsA, sANkhyakArikas etc. in the
course. Since I have not read the entire prasthAnatraya (of BhagatvatpAda, I
mean - ours is a family of advaita vedAntins) to my satisfaction, I do not spend
time reading other works on philosophy. So I do not know anything about Buddhism
except what was in the social studies text books so many years back. My only
submission is that, to the extent possible and generally speaking, I do not post
if I have no business posting - that is if I do not understand the matter I am
posting about or if I have nothing substantially or sufficiently (in my view)
new (in the context of the discussion, not in the context of knowledge as such)
to add.

Regards
N. Siva Senani