[Advaita-l] Hayagriva worship in Buddhism.

srikanta srikanta at nie.ac.in
Thu Nov 4 04:13:34 CDT 2010

Dear satish Arigela,
I know that other deities have been worshipped in Buddhism.But,i am
curious to know how did Hayagriva worship was started in
Tibetan(Lamaism).?Because the Magazine from Sera monastery
mentions,"Hayagriva and Acala"are the gurds of the gate.Hayagriva worship
must have ben started late in Hindusim.Are there references to it in the
Vedas?I know that Manjusri is an equivalent of our saraswathi.
                                                    N.Srikanta.