[Advaita-l] New members

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun May 16 13:11:25 CDT 2010

Rajaram Venkataramani

I come from a smartha family and completed reading Mahabharaha and Bhagavad
Gita at the age of 6. I had the aspiration of becoming a Sankaracharya at 12
but abandoned it due to circumstances! I became an atheist and hedonist at 18.
And became interested in gaudiya vaishnavam at 24. I worship Adi Sankara and
most of the times think that advaitam is true. But at times, I am not so sure.
I am interested in truth that transcends traditions and hope to learn from
scholars here and contribute through questions.

Ramesh Patel

After a B.A. and an M.A. in Sanskrit at tbe University of Bombay, I pursued
doctoral research in Rigveda, Nyaya and modern analytic philosophy.  I ended
up studying Western philosophy at the University of New Mexico, earning
another M.A. and a Ph.D., this time in Western philosophy.  I have taught at
several universities and colleges in the U.S.A.  I retired in 2002, after
teaching at Antioch College for 25 years, as Professor of Philosophy and
Religion.  I have taught Eastern and Western religions and philosophy,
meditation, mysticism, music theory, personal finance and investments.  I have
taught about seventy different courses in philosophy and religious studies.
My book, Philosophy of the Gita, was published in 1990 by Peter Lang, New
York.  I am in the process of writing several books, particularly, Hinduism
for today, meta-philosophy and Gandhi's thought.  I offer voluntary classes at
the Dayton Hindu Temple on the Gita, Hinduism and the Upanishads.  More can be
found about me on my website called www.hinduismfortoday.com.  I will be happy
to communicate and enter into a discourse with any thoughtful reader.