[Advaita-l] On the forms of Guru

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:24:23 CST 2010

"In your position, a jnAnI lives, breathes, eats, sleeps, talks,
walks and teaches in a physical body, but all of this is without
a mind at all. "

Sorry, this is not my position for nothing positive can be said of Brahman.
A gnyaani is Brahman.  He is simply anirvachaneeya and I have said this
before.   One may or may not need the mind to know that he is Brahman (and I
have said that it is actually an impediment) but definitely won't keep the
mind or anything else when he knows he is Brahman.  What was once his body
before his realization operates under the spell of Easwara even though the
person has broken the mutual superimposition.  That is the praaptham with
regard to the body.  Only because it, the body, is operating the entity is
called Jeevan Muktha.  If the body had dropped he would be vidhEha muktha.

A Jeevan Muktha is a total asangan and adhvitheeyan.  Who can say what are
and what are not his powers?  Tell me if any Bhaashya or Primary Texts are
to be quoted to say this.

Agnyaanis see and describe the gnyaanis in their own fancy.  That is what
the agnyaanis do. Until such time a person realizes that he does not know
there is no impulse in him to know.  His avidya will keep asserting.

"Others on this list are doing a much more admirable job of
quoting the primary texts and their bhAshya-s, so let me
withdraw by agreeing to disagree with your position."

I respect it.  So be it.

Regards,
Anbu