[Advaita-l] A Small Composition

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 19:13:45 CST 2010

Dear Sriram,

It is undoubtedly a fine composition.  Here are some thoughts on it [ ]

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM, sriram nagaraj <sriram_photon at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear List Members,
>
> By the Grace of Sri Paramesvara and Sri Bhagavadpadaal and Kanchi
> Mahaperiyava, I was inspired to write down the following few verses a while
> back. I am sure there are many more Samskrita Vidvaans in the list than I
> know, and I would love to hear their feedback on the content and grammatical
> changes that need to be made:
>
> Praarabdha Sagaram Mathayaami Panchaksharena Sadaa
> Kaama Krodhadi Durguna Garalam Aarohathi

[ The word 'aavirbhavati' could be a better one for 'aarohati'.  The former
means: It surfaces, comes up, etc.  aarohati could simply mean: climbs,
ascends, etc.]

> Karma-Halaahalam Punarapi Kripaya Piba Neelakanta
> Thathaa Advaitamritam Labdhva Samyukthoham SadaShiva

[What is 'samyuktoham'?  Is it meant to convey the idea: ...I remain, rest,
composed?  Some suggestions: kRtArthoham, shAntoham, shiva eva aham, etc.]

Om Tat Sat