[Advaita-l] Physical death of the Jnani and related issues

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 09:25:07 CST 2010

Dear Sadanandaji,

Pranaams.

I am addressing you because you have written "I felt it was useless to
discuss any further when people of strong
convictions contrary to scriptures and advaita. "  I wish to tell you that
my convictions are *not contrary to the scriptures*.  No one owns any patent
for scriptural understanding.  Please correct yourself.

If one concedes that Bhagavan did inquire into the mind and it had got
dissolved then why insist he is like any other agnyaani with BMI?  Why
resurrect His mind? His lingering BMI with which he no longer identified
(but only you and I identified him) was due to his praarabdha karma and such
praarabdha karma includes teaching you and me.   If it is insisted that a
Gnaani has BMI then there would not be any jeevanmukthas and one would only
be advocating vidhEhamukthi.  I do hold that Gnaanam is imparted in many
ways unique to each mumukshu.  Actually Bhagavan Ramana employed different
modes of teaching to different people and his vichara method is also
unique.  His teaching included verbal and non-verbal modes. Also his vichara
is not the education of the mind but its pursuit.

On the question of Jeevanmuktha, BhagavathpaadhaaL dealt with it in
Sivaanandhalahari and I had the humble privilege to write my commentary and
in this very list.  Please do go through this by clicking on the following
url.

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2010-January/045298.html

Aachaaryaal also wrote a grantham called "Jeevanmuthaanandhalahari".

Such idea as the world is in Him but he is not in the world applies to all
Gnyaanis so much so not only that particular BMI which we call as Bhagavan
is with Him but also yours and mine.  Can it be otherwise?  But in our own
ignorance and attachment we would not part with what we call it as ours and
only concede what we call as his!

This is how we try to describe Bhagavan with the BMI.

Regards,
Anbu