[Advaita-l] Arjuna Jnani?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 08:27:47 CDT 2010

Arjuna was a jnani. Tha Lord says at the beginning of the chapter 2 that he (Arjuna), being moved by the thought of the  possible annihilation of his near and dear ones,  was not speaking like a jnani (though he really was). At the end of the Chapter 18 Arjuna admits that he had got his memory back (as his memory was refreshed by Lord's discourse). Thanks to Arjuna's lapse of memory that we have the Bhagavad Gita.