[Advaita-l] Two types of Atma jnAni-s & their approachtoreallife situation

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 01:03:35 CDT 2010

Dear Vidyaranyaji,

I think the jnani can appear to be like an ajnani at times but he is jitaasana, jitashvaasha and jitendriya and is always a recluse, disinterested in the worldly matters for his own benefit. He may have momentary indignation and the puranas show that even the divinities also got upset at times. Finally his wisdom prevails. The ordinary people may think a jnani to be an ajnani by seeing the latter's actions. I think the Bhagavad Gita has a verse which means that the Jnani can do anything. Would you think the above expression to be correct?

Regards