[Advaita-l] Two types of Atma jnAni-s &their approachtoreallife situation

Br. Pranipata pranipata at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:39:33 CDT 2010

From: "Vidyasankar Sundaresan" <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:34 AM
To: "Advaita List" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Two types of Atma jnAni-s &their	approachtoreallife
situation

. This practical
> concern is, in my opinion, precisely the reason why Sankara bhagavatpAda
> acknowledges that Atma-vijnAna-smRti-saMtAna is ananya-sAdhana for
> citta-vRtti-nirodha and then recommends tyAga and vairAgya as sAdhana-s
> to bolster this smRti-saMtAna and to control the activity of speech, body
> and mind.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Vidyasankar

Hari Om Shri Vidyasankarji, Pranaams!

The sAkShitA(witnesshood) of Atman is not a svarUpa-lakShaNa of Atman but
only upalakShaNa.

To be absorbed in Atma-svarUpa uninterruptedly one has to leave the
upalakShaNa which is not ever present in Atman.

Whether BG triplet starting dhyAyato viShayAn ... occuring in
sthitaprajna-lakShaNa portion, or in bhikShu-gIta portion of
srimadbhagavatam, refrain and tolerance are the golden rule and never
indulgence(intolerance and repulsion) with sAkShibhAva.

In Shri Guru Smriti,
Br. Pranipata Chaitanya