[Advaita-l] Advaita Vedanta in Bengal

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:52:06 CDT 2010

I seem to have missed this thread earlier. Historically, the Puri Matha does not
seem to have had a very big geographical reach. The original intention of the
AmnAya maTha tradition and the social-political changes over time in various
regions are obviously not in step with each other. This is the situation almost

everywhere in the country. Jaldhar is right that the maThAmnAya texts are an
idealized view, and while they may have been descriptive of the ground reality
at some point of time, it is not so at present.

Regards,

Vidyasankar