[Advaita-l] Brahmins and Vaishnavas

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Jul 31 01:40:03 CDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, sriram wrote:

> Dear Members
> I think we are all digressing too much.There is no end to such discussions
> as we can not apply our Sastras to these new phenomena which are bound to
> happen as time passes.

If this is so then our shastras are mere fossils and we should abandon
them for something more worthwhile.

But they are as relevant today as ever.  The phenomena is not even
particularly new as the same questions would have arisen in the Muslim era
or even after Alexander the Great and the Greeks.

>We have to be pragmatic and say that anyone who is
> after search of Truth/Brahman is a Brahmanan.

Being a Brahmana or not is to do with the body.  The whole point of Brahma
jignasa is to go beyond this limited identification.  You are not doing
the searchers of Truth/Brahman any favors by mixing them up with
Brahmanas.  That is not pragmatic at all.