[Advaita-l] mayavadam asat sastram

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 21:32:34 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> As most people on this forum may be aware, Sri Jiva Gosvam quotes
> Padma Purana verse "mayavadam asat sastram" to conclude that Lord Siva
> appeared as Sankara to teach Mayavada Philosophy. Mayavada
> specifically refers to denying absolute reality of names, forms and
> actions of Isvara as well as the world. According to one Advaita
> scholar I talked to, this verse refers to Saiva Siddhanta not
> Advaitam. But it was his personal opinion not based on the works of
> any Advaita Purvacharya. As Madhusudana Saraswati was a contemporary
> of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, I was hoping to see explanation of this
> charge by him or one of his disciples.
>
> Can anyone on this forum, please clarify what is the traditional
> position on this?
>
> I hope that this does not raise a controversy but helps me understand.

Stop Iscon rubbish here in this group immediately. You dont insult
Advaita Parampara.  Iscon fools know only how to collect money from
people they convert even low caste people and foreigners to brahmins.
How can  these people be brahmins?  Many Vaishnavas are like that.
this is very bad. They tell all lies about Advaita because they are so
dull to understand what is Advaita. they can understand chanting Hare
Krishna.  let them chant only  not talk anything about Advaita.

Regards

-Venkatesh