[Advaita-l] The Human aspect of Jnanis - 2

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 23:42:08 CDT 2010

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Valmiki Ramayana itself does not
> contain the story  told by Bhagavan
> Ramana.  The report I have provided mentions this
> incident 'as depicted by
> Valmiki'.

The Valmiki Ramayana also does not contain any reason why we shouldn't interpret Rama's "grief" as merely an act for the world, while Rama was ever in absolute control of his mind. Ramana Maharshi's chief intention is to make this point about Rama's behavior not contradicting His Wisdom, hence Bhagavan's story perfectly complements the events in the Ramayana.

Regards,
Kartik