[Advaita-l] On the history of Bharathavarsha

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 06:13:28 CST 2010

Dear Sri Vidyasankarji,

I thank you for your response.

If you would like to peremptorily brush aside Dr. Subramanian Swamy as a
politician, of course, it could easily put him in company with those of
secular India of extraordinary moral degeneration and corruption.  It is
sure to generate a derision and possibly it would put him out of our focus
on his view on history. All he was saying was that the Indian history had
been distorted and it has to be set right.  I suppose you are not in
agreement with him.

It may not be out of place to say something about Dr.Subramanian Swamy in
his defense of our beliefs and that of our PuraaNas and Ithihaasas which
have been poopooed as fiction and myth.  *It is to his credit that he boldly
and single-handedly thwarted the attempt of the athiest and corrupt hoards
of the DMK men who had planned to blow up Ramasethu, a bridge of ancience
and about which crores of bhakthas have sung in great piety.  People go
there endlessly to do their tharpaNam for the release of their pithrus.

All dhaarmic Hindus owe a gratitude to Dr.Subramanian Swamy.*

When the same criminal gang took over Chidambaram Natarajar Temple, a
denominational temple run by the Dhikshithar Brahmins that was out of reach
of the secular laws, by wringing a corrupt judge it was Dr.Subramanian Swamy
who took up their issue and faced brutal attack by the rowdy advocates
opposed to the Brahmin community at the halls of the high court of Madras.
When it comes to anti-Brahminism nothing was sacred to the enemies of
Hinduism.   You can ignore Dr.Subramanian Swamy's  contribution but I cannot
ignore that your effort to pit one Matam against another has only
contributed to you being used by the same athiest, anti-Hindu, anti-Brahmin
hoards to denigrate our ancient dharma and its institutions and the Gurus.
I came across how it is used by a Brahmin baiting gentleman by name Arul
Tilak in the following url.

Is this a worthy purushaartha on your part?

I should point out that Dr. Subramanian Swamy had the blessings of all
Sankaracharyas including the Sannidhaanam at Sringeri whom I hold in great
veneration.

Beside the fact that I am ill-equipped as my life-time has been spent in the
gnaana  maarga and these such as dates were quite frivolous for me, the
reason that I do not want to take up the issue of whether Adhi Sankara was
born at certain point of time was that it would suit an agenda of
denigration of any of our sacred institutions and their Achaaryaas which in
my opinion is gravely ego driven and terribly counterproductive.   It will
not be a tribute to our great sage Adhi Sankata who brought the idea of
Advaitha to the reach of ordinary people.  My attempt has been to discourage
people's pursuit into such mire.

By writing this, if I have hurt your feelings I do sincerely apologize.

With warm regards,
Anbu