[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jan 7 01:23:39 CST 2010

Then you may have issues, because there is indeed textual evidence for
Sankara having established four Maths. It is mentioned in Chidvilasiya
Sankara Vijayam. Besides, Sankara having established a Math at Sringeri is
mentioned in the Madhaviya Sankara Digvijayam.

praNAms Sri Karthik prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for the information.  I know if I write anything in reply to the
above biographical poetic  assertions (I hope, atleast you would agree
that these biographies are 'kAvyamaya' in their writing style) ,  based on
what I read and heard, that would lead to further clarifications,
justifications and finally  unnecessary heated arguments...Hence, without
stretching this issue any more, I agree with you with regard to shArada
peetha sthApana at shrungeri by shankara, chAturmaTha sthApana by shankara
at four poles of the country, his authorship to maThAmnAya grantha-s, his
introduction of  dashanAmi paddhati in monastic order etc.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar