[Advaita-l] Fwd: A perspective -20

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 05:53:18 CST 2010

Dear Anbuji,

You said:

 ///  I took the position that such is not a condition for release.  My
stand was that for one who realizes that he suffers from thaapathrayam and
seeks release through surrender to a Guru is liberated.  God Himself comes
to him in the form of the Guru because He is KaruNaamoorthy who removes the
thaapathrayam of the seeking jeeva.  ///

Dear Anbuji,

It is not as simple as you try to show it to be. Do you think all the gurus to be iberated? There may be gurus who are not liberated or may even be false gurus. Don't you think that one must be careful to check if one's guru is liberated? There has been umpteen cases where people changed their gurus. In some famous cases the one-time guru himself became the disciple of his disciple.