[Advaita-l] Fwd: A perspective -20

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 26 04:25:18 CST 2010

[Sir, pl. note that for carrying on in this world the Jnani definitely
needs
the mind.  Supposing he is writing a book.  Will he not consult several
other books and select and reject material?  How is this possible without
mind?  How will he distinguish between what is required for him from what
is
not?  If he has to show compassion, care, etc. to others, how will this be
possible without the mind?  Bhagavan has taught in the Gita that these are
all faculties of the mind. If he  is an Acharya, a shortriya
brahmanishtha,
how can he teach various students of various levels unless he
distinguishes,
discriminates, etc.  It is a wrong notion that the jnani would have no
mind.

According to the Vedanta, prarabdha karma is the one where the present
body-mind complex that has begun will run its destined course and only
then
cease.  How can we admit that only the physical body of the Jnani without
the mind will continue? ]

praNAms
Hare Krishna

What a great dictation on the  jnAni & his activities!!  It again clearly
shows how deeply we entangled in body, mind, intellect compartment...Just
we cannot think beyond it & we, with our conditioned mind set, donot ready
to discount these compartment even in brahma jnAni also!! what a pity!!
BTW, y'day Sri Subbu prabhuji has given 'kombu' example & explained how
'kombu' also thrown after its usage...But what he is telling above is
completely different...If this 'kombu' ( in dAshtrAntika 'the mind') is
kept for the personal usage to rectify the problem of other 'kombu-s' then
this kombu beholder is NOT an ekamevAdviteeya brahmajnAni, he is just like
any other mortal with some special power of messages in his 'kombu' to
guide other 'kombu-s' in right direction.. thats it :-))  that means he is
not a jnAni, he is mere good preacher/ orator / writer with sound
philosophical background..

But our scriptures say, brahmavit brahmaiva bhavati...does this brahma has
the individual notion?? does this brahma has individual mind??  It is only
we, the mundane mortals making the difference between jnAni & brahma ( I
am aware of the previous arguments on this line) to declare every jnAni is
brahman but brahman is NOT jnAni it is because, we are seeing the jnAni
with his nAma & rUpa and assuming that even jnAni also has the individual
mind & ego!!  To make this further to our comfort, we are ready to even
attribute 'avidyA lesha' to this jnAni till his physical body lasts...

I dont want to drag this issue further, just I'd like to quote which Sri
Sunder prabhuji recently posted from ramaAna works :

// quote //

The jiva [the individual person], the world and God, all of these are
relative ideas. So long as there is the individual sense of 'I', these
three are also there.

>From this individual sense of 'I', from the mind, these three have
arisen. If you stop the mind, the three will not remain, but Brahman alone
will remain, as it remains and abides even now. We see things because of
an error. This misperception will be rectified by enquiring into the real
nature of this jiva. Even if the jiva enters Supermind, it will remain in
mind, but after surrendering the mind, there will be nothing left but
Brahman. Whether this world is real or unreal, consciousness or inert, a
place of happiness or a place
of misery, all these states arise in the state of ignorance. They are not
useful after realisation.

The state of Atmanishta [being fixed in the Self], devoid of the
individual feeling of 'I', is the supreme state. In this state there is no
room for thinking of objects, nor for this feeling of individual being.
There is no doubt of any kind in this natural state of
being-consciousness-bliss.
// unquote //
If the jnAni cuts the vegetables at the kitchen, it is only in the view of
on lookers this 'kriya/action' is on!!  , it does not mean that jnAni is
identifying himself with a cook :-)) Likewise, if jnAni doing
brahmOpadesha to the ajnAni-s, it is only in the mind of onlookers who
wrongly thinking that jnAni has the individual body & mind to do this
preaching job...but as far as jnAni is concerned, he is ONE and
ALL...there is no distinction between jnAni & ajnAni in his samyak 'eka
rUpa darshana'.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar