[Advaita-l] Sivaanandalahari - 93

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:53:27 CST 2010

Sivaanandalahari - 93
सोम-कलाधर-मौलौ
कोमल-घनकन्दरे महामहसि ।
स्वामिनि गिरिजानाथे
मामक-हृदयं निरन्तरं रमताम् ॥ ९३ ॥

soma-kalAdhara-maulau
komala-ghanakandare mahAmahasi |
svAmini girijAnAthe
mAmaka-hRudayaM nirantaraM ramatAm || 93 ||

May my heart be delighted by the bright light emanating from the Lord who
wears crescent moon on his head, who has neck of the colour of dark clouds,
owner of all the worlds and husband of Goddesss Parvati.

 *Commentary

**maamakahrudhayam* = my mind;*
sOmakalaadharamoulou* = one who wears chandrakalas in his siras;
*kOmalakhanakandharE* = who has a lovely throat that is dark like the cloud;
*swaamini* = who has sakalam in his swaadheenam;
*girijaanaathE* = husband of paarvathi;
*mahaamasi* = thEjaswaroopi Paramasiva;
*nirantharam* = permanent;
*ramathaam* = let it grace.

Hey! ParamEswara!  You are wearing chandrakalas in your head.  At the same
time by drinking aalahaala visham and keeping it in your throat you have
protected all the worlds.The very moment when one does the dhyaanam of your
nija swaroopam all the poisonous fevers leave him.  Above all you are the
Devathaa of the Gaayathri manthra and thus remain the most resplendent
thEjaswaroopi. As such let my mind incessantly abide in the Grace of You,
the Paarvathi Manoharan.

Aum Namasivaaya!