[Advaita-l] Temples across India

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 01:44:01 CST 2010

>The systematisation of the worship rituals at the temple of the Goddess at Mookambika >and at the temple of Krishna at Guruvayur
is also attributed to Sree Sankara.

Many important temples have some story or other of their association with Shankara as he is such a towering figure. I wonder how many of these are credible.

I dont know about mUkAmbikA but remember hearing something that the temple rituals at guruvAyUr being performed along the lines of the paddhati-s written by great tAntrika-s like IshAna shiva guru deva, chennas nArAyaNa nambUtiri (a famous medieval tAntrika from Kerala) etc. Not sure which one is correct.