[Advaita-l] APerspective 17-2

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:41:19 CST 2010

Sunilji,

Without Guru a person who is ignorant will be his own Guru.  In other words,
it is blind leading the blind.  This is why no liberation is possible
without a Guru.

As I said before the driving force is one's realization is that he suffers
from thaapathrayam.  If it is not for this realization he would be happy in
this world and have nothing to seek to get out of it.

That, namely his sense of suffering from the thaapathrayam, takes him to a
Guru. *Who is one's Guru is pre-destined by one's poorva sat karma.*  What
you and I consider as dvaita or advaita don't matter in the Guru-sishya
relation because the sishya has surrendered himself.

In Sivaanandalahari AachaaryaaL keeps talking of his surrender to
ParamEswara showing when one surrenders there is no two, otherwise there is
no surrender.  What is taught to *each individual *lifts him from samsaara
and releases him from thaapathraya.  We in our ignorance continue to value
whether such teaching is dwaitha or advaitha.  Is it necessary?

Regards,
Anbu