[Advaita-l] Gosamrakshanam

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 22:06:44 CST 2010

Gosamrakshanam and Brahmanarakshanam go together. GoBrahmanahitaya
Govindaya namo namaha is the Mantra.  Govinda always thinks of hita
benefit of cows and Brahmins. Earlier Kings used to protect cows and
Brahmins.  They donated cows lands and money to Brahmins. They built
Agrahara for Brahmins and allowed them to do Vedic studies.  They gave
gifts and supported Brahmins.  My Grandfather got support from Mysore
Maharaja. Godana is best dana. Nowadays both cows and Brahmins are not
protected. Brahmins are treated badly because reservation system
everywhere in India.  In TN and other places Brahmins are mistreated.
 In other countries Brahmins are not respected because there is no
Varna system there.  The Mleccha Deshas are killing cows.  When both
are not protected  the Indian society has become cruel and Adharmic.
Mlecchas are killing cows in India also. Mlecchas are gaining and
Sanatana Dharma is declining.

Catussagaraparyantam GoBrahmanebhyaha Subham Bhavatu

Regards

-Venkatesh

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hare Krishna. Sankara Mutts are well known for protecting cows. I would like
> to know references to cow protection in sruti, smrti and works of advaita
> acharyas please. This is for a project to launch ahimsa milk in London and
> Chennai. Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

-Venkatesh