[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Dec 16 21:54:43 CST 2010

Today is Vaikuntha Ekadasi fast.  My suggestion to all is to avoid
talking of food for one day and  continue this discussion tomorrow. It
is a sin to eat on Ekadasi.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

First with regard to whether Lord  Krishna is a SUdra or not...frankly I
thought since krishna was a gOpAla, he was SUdra by his vrutti :-))
anyway, if we see that he is 'yAdavakula vaMshOdbhava' his kula is
kshatriya....In either case, according to someone's observation, he was
not having idli-chutni-sAmbaar, poori-saagu, dOsa-palya chutni for his
breakfast & Udupi menu  for his lunch, being a 'rasika shikhAmaNi' he must
have enjoyed  non-veg menu only :-))

And with regard to vaikunTa ekAdashi, talking about the food is not
'eating' of the food...we talk lot about brahman but still we feel brahman
is aloof from us, is it not:-)) Anyway, brahman is annaM & annAdaH as well
( ahamannam, ahamannAdaH says taitireeya), so prabhuji we cannot spare
even a single day without talking about anna brahMa which is our own
svarUpa :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar