[Advaita-l] Jnana-karma samuccaya.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Dec 7 00:51:16 CST 2010

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Bhaskar, just because I characterize your statement as "general"
and agree that any reader may apply it to any "particular" does
NOT mean that I accept the truth value or the tastefulness of
your general statement at all.

bhaskar :

I have not expected that acceptance either from your goodself or from any
member prabhuji.  As you know, I was making that statement after Sri
Srikanta prabhuji's observation (already said this twice!!) and at the end
there was another general statement from me that these are all not the
helpful criteria to evaluate jnAni's jnAna.  Despite clarifying this if
somebody ( I am surprised that you too took it in negative sense!!)
tasting the bitterness of that observation, is it my fault prabhuji??  And
on the other note, if my general observation is NOT true, please clarify
which is that 'truth value' you are attributing to the
'particulars'...Atleast that would help me to know the 'bad taste' in my
statement.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

I did find your comments in bad taste myself and as a matter of fact, I
don't agree that what
you meant as a "general" statement is quite valid.

bhaskar :

What is that not valid in my observation, kindly clarify prabhuji.  I said
that nowadays most of the acharya-s would travel in cars, stay in well
furnished cottages, would have good food for bhiksha etc.  if these
observations not true and valid what is the truth & which is valid
observation you educate me prabhuji.  Atleast I should know where I am
erring in my observation..is it not prabhuji??

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

It has become fashionable nowadays for anybody and everybody to
criticize anybody and everybody else.

bhaskar :

Yes, you are right prabhuji...unfortunately this list also not an
exception to your observation prabhuji.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Those who have renounced the world have become special targets of such
criticism.

bhaskar :

IMHO, a constructive criticism is just a critical & healthy observation of
current scenario.  And a constructive criticism would help us to mend our
ways effectively.

Sri Vidya prabhuji:

Those who make blanket statements about our Sannyasins often have no
reference point to distinguish between the genuine article and
the fake.

bhaskar :

Yes prabhuji, the reference point is very difficult to determine through
the external behavior & life styles!! Often this reference point is based
on individual shraddha...Ofcourse, this shraddha is what is important, not
the 'external' life style of genuines as well as fakes.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

I have no wish to list who I think is genuine and who I think is fake. It
is up to each person to make such a decision independently.

bhaskar :

Yes, it would be a difficult & very sensitive task prabhuji.  As you
rightly observed, each &  every individual has his/her own list of
genuines & fakes :-)) and one may have to face the consequence from the
other end if he/she tries to broadcast his own genuine list & fake list.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Enough said. I stick by my administrative request to all members,
to limit the number of posts per day. We all have our constraints
in how and when we can read and respond to list emails. I also
stick by my general request to all list members to read other
people's posts carefully, not to wilfully misrepresent other
people's views and to be as courteous as possible in response.
I have always held that once heat enters a discussion, light
gets sidelined.

bhaskar :

Thanks for your clarification & observation prabhuji.  I would stick to 2
mails per day rule prabhuji.  IMO, sometimes, some members unneccarily try
to find ONLY heat when actually it is meant for light,  in those cases I
think  it may require both heat & light to keep the discussion warm !!

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Such requests may arise from discussions between a few specific
people, but are always meant for all list members. There is no
reason to cry foul or think that some nepotism holds sway.

bhaskar :

prabhuji, I already clarified to you that that was ONLY my rush of blood
first thought & vanished subsequently !! Do you think it is a crime that I
shared it with you?? If not then, I dont know why you are still
highlighting it & bringing it again to the front??

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

The moderators of this list (Ravi, Jaldhar and I) have always been
hesitant to interfere actively in terms of regulating the conduct
of the list. Our sincere hope is that we can continue this trend
for a long time to come.

bhaskar :

Yes, prabhuji, I too hope that with all sincerity.

Vidyasankar

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar