[Advaita-l] True or False

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 15:00:32 CST 2010

1) In tat tvam asi, tat is Ishvara
2) In tat tvam asi, tvam is you
3) So tat tvam asi means you are Ishvara
Without using the help of any lakShaNAs, could you simply answer T or F?!

*True. In support of this, I will state the upanishadic quotes "Gopalaham",
"Sivo'ham" "So'ham" etc. One can argue that it is only a form of worship.
The counter is "No because only an insane person would think I am someone
else especially his own master". Anyway, "sa Vishnu eva bhavati", "kshetra
kshetrajnor api jnanam", tad vishno paramam padam" etc. removes that purely
on the basis of sastras. We see in Bhagavatham that Gopis take the form of
Krishna when He is  there. When a jnani (gopis in this case) manifest
sarUpya, then there is nothing to differentiate Her from Him. Madhusudana
Saraswati states that there are three stages of devotion: "I am His", He is
mine" and finally "I am He". *