[Advaita-l] spiritual daily routines of the members

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 23:31:30 CST 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Ravisankar Mayavaram
<abhayambika at gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition to these reasons, I have also found many obstacles coming in my
> way when I openly speak about these matters.  That is, if I say  I am doing
> this and that -- I do not know why -- next time when I have to do that  I
> face obstacles. This has happened to me repeatedly. Hence, I keep these
> things to myself.

>Its interesting to know that someone other than me also has a similar
>experience, else I risk being called superstitious. :) Thanks for
>sharing this thought. In any case, I don't have much of anything
>regular going on to share.

Thank you Ravi and Praveen for saying this. I had the same experience not once
but multiple times and I never understood why. It happened many times..to the
point where it almost felt "magical" or perhaps it is just psychological?... i
dont know. Even if one exercises an iron will and somehow does it..still there
will be atleast small vighna-s or atleast there lingers a sense of being
"incomplete"or un-natural.

Anyway most tantra/mantra-shAstra grantha-s advise sAdhaka-s not to reveal their
sAdhana probably for this reason?
With the exception of temple rituals almost all(or most) Agamik/tAntrik rituals
are preferably done in private for a variety of reasons.