[Advaita-l] True or False?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 22:03:24 CST 2010

Hari OM, Rajaram ji,

These questions are loaded because sat and asat need not necessarily
be interpreted by everyone in the same way. There are gradations of
them in Advaita Vedanta and as Shyam ji pointed out, the standpoint is
equally important. I'd be
surprised if any of three people you requested answer for these Qs
from reply with a simple T or F. Such true and false answers to loaded
Qs can lead to any conclusion. For example, I may request you to
answer the following with true or false:

1) In tat tvam asi, tat is Ishvara
2) In tat tvam asi, tvam is you
3) So tat tvam asi means you are Ishvara

Without using the help of any lakShaNAs, could you simply answer T or F?!

praNAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */