[Advaita-l] Jnana-karma samuccaya.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 1 23:47:16 CST 2010

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sorry for the belated reply...as you know, once in a blue moon day I would
get free time to participate in the discussions.  Kindly permit me to
share my thoughts with you on your below mail. But please dont think I am
argumentative with you.  I am just sharing my thoughts with you coz. I
donot want to hide anything from my doctor, lawyer & guruji-s.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

When you make a "general" statement, it is well within
anybody's rights to apply it to a "particular" case,
because the general includes the particular.

bhaskar :

Well, fine prabhuji, if the general statement is well applicable to the
particular case also, and that general statement is 'true' to a
'particular' case also then there is no reason to call those general
observations are in  'bad taste'.  My general observation includes the
particular means this particular is NOT an exception to the general
observation..is it not??  In that case what is wrong in my general
observation which is not talking about the exceptions??

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Every list member has a right to express his or her views
and there is no reason for you to use words like
bigoted and blind in your response.

bhaskar :

Kindly allow me to share my first thought after reading your above
statement...My mind cried 'nepotism' at its best & as usual, in this list
I am always at the receiving end !!  Then immediately,  second and more
vigorous thought came to my mind: how can it be??  How can Sri vidya
prabhuji treat me as an outsider, when he has special place for me in his
heart!!??  (BTW, it is not an emotional outburst prabhuji, my serene mind
always holds this view without any doubt)

Prabhuji, I hope 'every list member' in your above statement includes this
poor me also.  prabhuji, dont you think it is my right to express my
'views' on the member who unreasonably thought that I am a bad taste
author??  if that other member can express his views and it is well within
his rights, why I should not express 'my' views well within my 'right'
prabhuji?? Kindly clarify.  The 'bad-taste' author is his view and
expressed within his rights, the bigoted & intolerant reader is my view
which I expressed within my rights.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Frankly, let me tell you that I took your original comments as an oblique
remark in the same way, but deliberately
chose to keep my last response general.

bhaskar :

If those general comments and observations are 'true/facts' and depicts
the lifestyle of 'particulars'also there is no reason why we should take
it in a negative or derogatory way and should think that it is aimed
toward only one particular cult!!??...That too when it is explicitly said
that 'we can not evaluate the jnAna' from their life style !!??

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

On an administrative note (and this goes for other posters too), do
respect our request to send only about two postings per day. Four or five
emails per day from one person on one topic, with emotions flying high,
are extremely bothersome to most members of any list. The silent majority
on this list is being very patient; please do not overly tax their virtue.

bhaskar :

prabhuji, I send mails from my office desktop ( I dont have system at
home) during the leisure time.  Due to heavy work load at office,
nowadays, I dont get that much free time to participate in the discussion
on regular basis.  If you check the mailing list after 24th of Nov. last
month, after a gap of a week I am writing my second mail today the 2nd
Dec.  My intension is to utilize that leisure period to the maximum
extent..you may call it as over taxing the virtues of members :-)) Anyway,
kindly clarify whether 'two posts per day per member' is the hard & fast
rule of the list. If yes, I would abide to it unconditionally prabhuji.

Vidyasankar

your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar