[Advaita-l] Knowledge, renunciation and varNASrama rules

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Aug 18 06:21:20 CDT 2010

praNAms
Hare Krishna

He never says Sudras and Stris having Vairagya can take Sanyasa  in 3
4.20 .

>  but shUdra-s and strees having mumukshatva can attain jnAna/mOksha
WITHOUT entering the saNyAsa Ashrama.  That is the point to be noted
here...That is the reason why there are examples of vidhura, dharmavyAdha,
gArgi etc.

This is your own saying. The question is If he wanted them to
be eligible to Sanyasa he had good chance in 3 4.20. But he never said
Sudras any where in 3 4.20. Why ?

>  shankara says except brAhmaNa no one is eligible to take saNyAsa..but
again it is a controversial issue as there is a second opinion in
shankara's works itself & in sureshwara's works...But shankara never ever
denied mOksha to stree & shudra-s..If you have any specific quote with
regard to the denial of mOksha to shUdra & stree in prasthAna trayi
bhAshya pls. bring it on we can discuss it together...By allowing mOksha
to stree & shudra-s shankara implicitly saying saNyAsa is NOT a must to
attain mOksha.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar