[Advaita-l] shivAnandalaharI - Audio - Sri Dr M. Balamuralikrishna

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:39:47 CDT 2010

http://www.kannadaaudio.com/Songs/Devotional/home/ShivanandaLahari-DrMBalamuralikrishna.php

This is an amazing rendering of Sivanandalahari by Sri Balamuralikrishna. I
have this as a tape, which my friend Giri sent almost 15 years ago. I fell
in love with it right away.   This is a brilliant combination of the innate
devotional content of the stotra with perfect diction and majestic rendering
of Sri Balamuralikrishna.  You will be carried away by the depth of emotion
of the singer.

This work is by bhagavan Sri Sankara and considered so by the tradition.
bhagavaan Sri ramaNa Maharishi made a selection of 10 verses out this 100.

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2000-January/020995.html

I was told by one of my friends that even some vaiShNava-s study this work
for the devotional content and expression of surrender to ishvara. I was
convinced of that one day when I listened to a lecture by a vaishNava
aacharya where quoted a verse (ma gachChaH tvaM itaH tataH girisha bhoH
mayyeva vaasam kuru ...) in the context of  animal sacrifice.

I believe that Sri Balamuralikrishna's majestic rendering is an invaluable
aid to every devotee who is interested in learning this stotra.  There is a
Sanskrit commentary on this work by an anonymous author - I have this with
me. May be one day I will  scan it and make it available online.

namashshivAbhyAm