[Advaita-l] sandhya vandanam

Suresh Marur suresh.marur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:29:35 CDT 2010

With my Sandhya practice, I have found a lot more benefit looking at the
meanings of the japam (kamorkarsheet..), meaning of gayatri, upasthana
mantras that follow the japam. I particularly find the mantras like Namah
Savitre, Jagadeka... very very elevating. They are filled with surrender and
devotion.

I am not discouraging delving into the meaning of the mantras. I am only
indicating my personal preference to delve into the spiritual aspects of
Sandhya rather than the ones that are related to worship of the devas.

Gurubhyo namah.

- Suresh