[Advaita-l] A matter for Adjudication

Br. Pranipata pranipata at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 18:14:38 CDT 2010

Hari Om Shri Subrahmanianji, Pranaams!

a. bAdhita mithya-jnAna or bAdhita mithya-ajnAna anuvRitti is the senses
continuing to present the object in the same way eventhough thro right
pramANa the intellect knows for sure it is to the contrary - like the sky
continue to appear blue, earth continue to appear flat, appearance of mirage
etc. As an aspirant the yati without having rAga-dveSha refuse to accept the
usefulness of the object presented by the senses.  As a jnAni, the yati,
though the objects are so presented, having no use of them, remain
unperturbed - ApuryamAnam acalam praThiShTham..(BG 2.70).

b. avidya is atasmin tad buddhiH. or thinking of me and mine.  avidyA lesha
implies atleast for transactional purposes(the transactional purpose may
mean lokasamngraha, kevala-deha-paripAlana...), having the notion of me and
my in BMI.  avidyA-lesha is a samAdhAna and not siddhAnta like shravAt eva
kaivalyam is siddhAnta but asakrt sacira jnAna-abhyAsAt vastu siddhiH iti
samAdhAna.

c. vAsanA or saMskAra bala is if before jnana arouse if one was a right
hander, though jnAna makes him realise there is no difference, he will
continue to be a right hander and not use the left hand after jnAna for
which he was earlier using the right hand or vice versa just to proove his
samatvabhAva. (vAsanA or samskAra here means w.r.to this janmA or prArabdha
karma only as the other two-saMcita and AgAmi are already destroyed by
jnAna).

In Shri Guru Smriti,
Br. Pranipata Chaitanya