[Advaita-l] jayanti of madhusUdana sarasvatI

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 07:10:27 CDT 2010

I dont recall that Sri Madhusudhana Saraswathi was an Acharya of any of the Amnaya Maths.  His guru was Sri Visweswara Saraswathi and he was in Kashi, until before his last years of life in this earth.

Sringeri Math doesnot celebrate Aradhana/Jayanthi of others who are not in their direct Guru Parampara.   Even in case of Sri Sadashiva Brahmendra, not that all his Jayanthi and/or Aradhana is celebrated in the Sringeri Math.

With regards to the Kumbakonam Math, Madhusudhana Saraswathi is not seen in their list, which has been published so far by them.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

Sadgurubhyo Namah.