[Advaita-l] A vichAra on Swatantra & Paratantra (Independent & dependent Realities)

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 08:26:30 CDT 2010

Namaste.

One cannot expect the Madhva school to accept vyavaharika satya.  However, I
found the following excerpt very much in tune with the Advaitic
interpretation of the 'वाचारम्भणश्रुतिः’:

http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/218/1/Philosophy-of-Dvaita-Vedanta/Page1.html

// The dependence of the world of matter and the souls on Brahman is in the
sense that both are functioning at His will, which is the essential
condition and sustaining principle *that invests them with their reality and
without which they would be but void names and bare possibilities. //

*Of course, it is easy to dismiss this also as not accurate.

Regarding the Madhva interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita II-12 (नत्वेवाहं
जातु नासं न त्वं नेमे जनाधिपाः)  there exists an article in the Advaita L
website where some comments are available -
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/articles/Mananam.pdf

Best regards,
subrahmanian.v
*