[Advaita-l] ‘Avidya’ in Advaita and ‘Gumma’ of Purandara Dasa

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 7 00:16:09 CDT 2010

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Have you replied this mail prabhuji??  kindly let me know...I think it is
important to get your clarification with regard to 'An unreal entity
producing the effects which are perceivable'...Your clarification would
help me to understand your stand on mUlAvidyA.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

In the ‘gumma’ phenomenon we have a fine example of:

1. An unreal entity

2. Producing effects that are perceivable

> So you are agreeing here that an unreal entity (avidyA) can produce the
effects (saMsAra or mAya) that are perceivable.  So, as per above, due to
avidyA the production of 'effects' in the form of saMsAra happens..So,
avidyA leads to mAya & avidyA is NOT mAya coz. avidyA is an unreal entity
whereas its effects that are perceivable has the satta part in it!! Can
you really justify your claim (1) that avidyA is unreal entity even after
reading the theories that advocate avidyA is jadAtmika, upAdAna kAraNa to
adhyAsa??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar