[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: [AIVS] about the secrets of blood: sacrificeand Ahimsa

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 05:04:30 CDT 2009

I have always taken the story of Abraham to be a moral lesson : true
surrender to the Lord requres ultimately, surrender of all bhava such as 'my
life', 'my son' etc. But this is not a surrender required by the gods, but
for one's own self..

But the 'staging' of this lesson implies a familiarity with the practice of
sacrifice, be it human or 'animal' (which means having a soul.)

But as I've said before, the mind, and the valuation of a present life must
have been very different in its valuations, in a different yuga ?

Michael