[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Sep 29 23:43:54 CDT 2009

My aim (as the title of my series indicates) is to show that the
traditional position is this - without sannyasa, even if one acquires
samyag Jnana, it does not confer the fruit of jivanMukti.

praNAms shyAm prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Quite funny observation.  So according to you Janaka, who was a
chakravorthy  was not a jeevan mukta, avatAra purusha-s like rAma, krishna
were not jeevan mukta-s, vidhura & dharmavyAdha-s, who  were shUdra-s, not
jeevan mukta-s, prahlAda, dhruva who were kshatriya-s  were not jeevan
mukta-s, raikva, vAchaknavi, saMvarta those who quote shankara in sUtra
bhAshya as atyAshrami-s were not jeevan mukta-s, uddAlaka who taught
brahma vidya to his son svetaketu was not jeeva mukta, ...so, ultimately,
you are telling jeevan mukta-s are those who are saNyAsi-s not others!!
could you explain me in one or two sentences what exactly do you mean by
the ter 'saNySa' here, if at all it is not an external attires &
characteristics ??

I shall come back to your long reply to my mail  on other list on the same
subject in due course....

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar