[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:44:56 CDT 2009

Michaelji,

Buddhi is alright and is actually needed for a man of active mind to know
the real from the unreal.  Once such knowledge is attained it has to go and
in most cases it does.

*As long as Buddhi is there the mind is also there and the mind keeps
denying the Real!*

Once one knows the Real he realizes that everything happens as destined.
"Karthur aagnyayaa praapyathE phalam".  At that time he realizes that the
role of buddhi is useless and even a hinderance.  So the knower surrenders
buddhi to the kartha.

Actually a person of faith does surrender the buddhi even before the
realization in the technical sense, in great abandon.  He is no loser
either.

That is because he (like everyone else) is none other than Brahman all the
time!