[Advaita-l] Purushamedha

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 23 22:20:02 CDT 2009

Dear friends,

I think there were some secrecies involved in all such type of rituals and we cannot really explore the rituals fully without the missing links. There might have have been some esoteric texts with explanations, which could have been lost in time. For example the anointing of the sacrificial horse by the queen privately is also another mystery connected with the Asvamedha yajna. Some anti-dharmic critics have even given repulsive interpretations of that.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya