[Advaita-l] Purusamedha

Kathirasan K brahmasatyam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:53:21 CDT 2009

Namaste all,

Do refer to chapter 16 of Katyayana Shrauta Sutras where it mentions that
the human victim had to be either a Kshatriya or a Vaishya (if my memory
serves right). There is also an instruction to kill the victim prior to the
ritual. The above text does provide much info about the Purushamedha.

Kathirasan