[Advaita-l] Purusamedha

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 04:17:38 CDT 2009

Not saying that this is a reliable way to learn about our traditions but if you do a normal google search, you can find some stray references where it is said that in the puruSha-medha, the queen behaves with the human exactly in the same way she behaves with the horse in the context of ashvamedha. : I wonder what were their references.. they could the same ones given in earlier mail? I am not sure...

If this is true, and if we combine with the earlier reference about the pUShan ritual replaced by the ritual to the three devi-s, we sort of get some picture of the ritual as being similar to an ashvamedha. May be this explains the similarity of their names?