[Advaita-l] Saundarya Lahiri

narayan iyer z1e1b1r1a at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 03:11:56 CDT 2009

Namo namah!!

I draw the attention of the members to the message posted in this forum during June/July 2009.

Sri Goda Venkateswara Shastrigal has uploaded bhashyam on Saundarya Lahiri and also bhashyam on Swetaswatara upanishad.  His bhashyam on Saundarya Lahiri has been completed for about 60 slokas.  The bhashyam is in Tamil and all South Indians can enjoy the bhashyam.  The bhashyam is excellent.

The bhashyam on Sveswatara upanishad is in Sanskrit followed by Tamil bhashyam.  My opinion is that the commentary is just "wonderful".

The files are uploaded at www.mediafire.com/sankaragurukulam.  At the aforesaid site you will also find bhashyam on other works by stalwarts Dr. Mani Dravid etc.

I also understand that Dr. Goda Venkateswara Shastrigal has given bhashyas on other upanishads like Brihadaranyaka, chandyoga, taittiriya etc. in sanskrit also.   One Mr. P.N. Sundaresan of Chennai is to be contacted for obtaining the copies of the same.  His telephone no. was also stated in the earlier message.  The message was headed "Vidwat Sadas", if I am correct.

With regards,

narayan