[Advaita-l] Veda-s & its apaurusheyatva

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 09:14:36 CDT 2009

Namaste Praveen ji,

Please excuse my sense of humour. Be assured that it runs in parallel with a
devout and profound seriousness !

If Sanatana Dharma becomes elusive in one faith, then buddhi may turn to
another faith to be reminded of the profundities of the human spirit.
It can lead to awkwardnesses of 'sacred conversation'; but they are as
nothing to the aim. It's only the weak-minded who fear some 'watering-down'
of the respective faiths.

I'm hugely hopeful of the 21st century in this respect. In my experience,
studying another faith system can deepen one's own faith. And Hinduism has
much to offer the undisciplined areas of Western society.

So I may continue to sport with the gopas of this list...

Pranams,
Michael