[Advaita-l] Mithya and Maya

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 07:55:24 CDT 2009

Sunilji is only partly right when he said that the jagat is Brahma.  The
other part he forgot to say is that Brahma is NOT jagat.

Brahman exists unconditionally.  Jagat exists on the support of Brahman.
What we have been talking was of jagat in its exclusivity.  There we found
it to be a mithya!

A person does kaamyakarma because he is ignorant of the mithyathwam of the
jagat.  Bhishma and Krishna and Sankara and ParamaachaaryaaL all were doing
nishkaama karmam and in a profoundly efficient way!

That impeccable efficiency was possible because they realized the
mithyathwam of the jagat.

Bhagavan Ramana said: "Karthur aagnayaa praapyathE phalam".  Whatever
Easwara has ordained is bound to happen.  So is your karma ordained and it
is bound to happen and YOU WILL PERFORM THAT.  Your attachment, your
efficiency etc.is the product of your realization of the mithyathwam or
otherwise of the jagat.  The unrealized comes back chasing the karmaphala
while the realized had already abandoned the karmaphala.  That is the
difference.