[Advaita-l] manyu suktam

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 21:01:58 CDT 2009

Dear Sriramji,

You have mentioned all the Suktas and I have a query on the Vishnu Sukta. Kindly permit me to digress a bit from the main thread. To my knowledge there is a practice among  some of the meat-eaters for sanctifying  meat  by reciting a particular verse from the Vishnusukta, where Lord Vishnu is called Mrigendra (Lion) and sprinkling water at the same time on the raw meat. This is done so that the sanctified meat becomes fit for human consumption. Are you aware of any vedic sanction of that sort?.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya