[Advaita-l] Mithya and Maya

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:37:27 CDT 2009

Sri Bharadwaj mahOdaya,

Many thanks for the elaboration.
My own limited knowledge (using the word "naSvaram") was hiding behind the
language limitation. My understanding is, "*yat janyam tat naSyam;*" hence
all the aspects of the jagat that have a beginning are bound to end.
*jagat*as such, being
*prakRti* is not *anityam*. *jagat* is *mithya*, but *nityam*. Hence, Mother
is praised as "*mithyaa jagat adhisThaana*."

namastE
-Syam