[Advaita-l] saMnyAsa and brAhmaNas (was RE: Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping as mutually supportive)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 10:58:38 CDT 2009

> Dear Vidyasankarji,
>
> We know that there are four Varnas and Lord Krishna also showed how  the different Varnas have thir separate occupations. Yet the Atharva veda appears to equate the Shudras with Vaishya, as Vish, the third Varna(AV 3.12)? Vajasneyi is not far behind in this (YV 18.48). Any comment?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Dear Sri Bhattacharjya,

I am not an expert on atharvaveda or the Sukla yajurveda, so I'm not

equipped to comment on it! I'm sure the references have not escaped

the notice of numerous writers, especially over the last two centuries,

so there may be a lot of literature out there on it already.

Regards,

Vidyasankar