[Advaita-l] saMnyAsa and brAhmaNas (was RE: Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping as mutually supportive)

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:56:08 CDT 2009

Yes indeed that is typically the Euro-centric historians' view.  We too have
history given in our Purana and Ithihasa which of course the Europeans will
date it as post Christ and deride them as a feudalistic fiction.  Michael is
right about the entrepreneurial aggression.

The modern capitalism is city-centered, with villages as the hinterland of
the cities. Actually this city-centric view of society was as ancient as
Europe itself.

On the contrary in Bharathavarsha it was always the self-sufficient village
economy that was the driving force.  The cities rose on the surplus that a
prince could garner and fell on his ineptitude in doing so.  And the
villages have remained undisturbed until very recently.

The avaricious capitalism builds on city-centric nations that eventually
collide into greater and greater wars.  This poisonous path of treating
humans as fodder for the system would eventually be self-destructive.  Then
it will descend into chaos with scavengers marauding the cities.  If its
gets any civil perhaps it would improve into barter!

Alas! India's new rulers have inherited this poison of greed from their
colonial masters.