[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 05:26:18 CDT 2009

Praveenji,

Thank you. I know that 'sleep cycles' are calculated to last 90-120 minutes,
which may be significant; as dreaming occurs then.

Also it's said that the mind returns to atman between each thought and each
desire.

Some sages say that the prolongation of these periods is a huge help to
sadhana, because it allows the full consciousness to act freely in speech
and action, and thus act with more power; without being absorbed in useless
thought leading to useless actions !

Michael