[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:40:53 CDT 2009

Hari Om,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Anbu sivam2 <anbesivam2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But this is besides the point.  Sankara or Ramanuja or Madhwa Mutts do not
> as a clear policy advocate establishment of non-Brahmin Mutts and neither
> do
> they admit any of the non-Brahmins sanyaasis into their own Mutt.

I think Ramanuja and Madhva maThas are besides the point, but Shankara
maThas don't seem to have a policy about not advocating non-Brahmin maThas.
That is like saying only brahmins should follow Shankara maThas or only
cAturmaThas established by Shankaracharya. There are many other maThas which
have started with the blessings of these cAturmaThas, including those that
have only brAhmaNa purvAshramis heading it, but are followed by all varNas.
There are also other vaishya varNa purvAshrami-headed maThas that are true
to Shankaracharya, as Vidyasankarji pointed out. In fact, there was a big
celebrated ratha yAtra of Sringeri Swamiji during one of these Haldipur
maTha functions a couple years back.

And as I understand, whenever there are all maThAdipati sabhas held at
Sringeri, these peeThas are included.

gurorarpaNamastu,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */