[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (wasRe:Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 21:42:51 CDT 2009

Pranams Praveen-ji
Thank you for your kind words.
For what its worth my 6-part series on jivanmukti jnana and sannyasa onto my blog for easy perusal.

http://www.adi-shankara.org/2009/10/jivanmukti-jnana-plus-sannyasa-what-is.html

Hari OM
Shri Gurubhyoh namah
Shyam

--- On Mon, 10/19/09, Praveen R. Bhat <bhatpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:

Shankara, invariably in all his works, begins with the adhikAri: one
with sAdhana cAtushTaya. IMHO, out of all the four, the most important
is mumukshatva, all the others just driving to make the adhikAri a
mumukshu, one who yearns for liberation, he who feels a burning desire
to liberate. How such a person can remain in society instead of
involving himself with the quest of jnAna every waking moment of his
life is beyond me!

Finally, thanks Shyamji for this wonderful effort. I'm yet to catch up
fully on your entire series since I missed some parts due to
cross-posting to Advaitin & Advaita-L perhaps. I'll dig them up.

gurorarpaNamastu,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */